Wednesday, May 22, 2013

You Can't Always Get What You Want...

...but you get what you need!  Totally stoked for the charity fundraiser tonight at the Bowery Ballroom called StonesFest (Rolling Stones covers).  Butch Walker will be a headliner!  I am in a good place in my life right now.  Sometimes bad things put everything back into perspective.  I was thinking of how I am turning 40 soon and without a big bash and how this could be my last big birthday on this earth like it was for Maryann and Paul who never made it to 50, when I found out that wonderful woman had just passed also in her 40s from a brain tumor.  She was beautiful inside and out.  It tore me apart on Monday.  That and the tornado and all the loss and devastation.  It makes me want to live for all those people that no longer can and the appreciate my friends, family, job, dog and house more...also a boyfriend who is wonderful and gets me and his family as well.  To thank whomever, deity or not, that is up that that I had previously scorned.  I am living now with no regrets.  I say what I feel.  I hold no embarrassment in that any more.  I never have to say I wish I had <insert whatever here>.  If I die today at least everyone knows how much I care or if they do I know they knew, too.  I love you all.

I will leave you with a Butch Walker lyric:

"Give me all your fear, Throw it all away.
and think about the good things, no matter what they say,
we'll take tomorrow baby, yeah,
one day at a time."

PS- the title is from the Rolling Stones

No comments:

Post a Comment